Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cayenne!


Cayenne!
Originally uploaded by heatherhoesly

Ok, so I was tired of all white. I had sort of been "stalking" this color for about a month. It was between "Cayenne" and another red-orange color called "Daredevil."

I chose wisely. Cayenne blends beautifully with the existing chili pepper border and goes nicely with the counter tops.

So far, I've only painted the pantry here, but I'm going to come back and paint the rest of the kitchen this color now that I know that I LOVE this color!

And I can't say enough good things about the folks at the Sherwin Williams on Barry Road. They waited patiently for me while I oohed and ahhhed and went back and forth over the paint samples for a month. They helped me with getting the right primer (a warm medium gray by the way). Then they told me to be patient. They warned me that this color would take several coats to come out the way I wanted. One coat of primer and 4 coats of paint later...ta da!!!

It was sooooooo worth it! Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment